- Khiron reaches more than 3,500 medical cannabis prescriptions filled
- Medical cannabis prescriptions increased by over 450% in Q3, compared to Q2 of 2020
- Khiron’s clinics exceeded 9,000 monthly patient consultations in September, marking a return to pre-pandemic monthly levels, supported by the launch of telehealth consultations
- Khiron was declared a National Strategic Project by the Government of Colombia in September, accelerating its ability to register and introduce new SKUs in the medical cannabis and consumer-packaged goods categories
- Khiron became the first company to sell medical cannabis in Peru, introducing its new CBD brand AlexinTM, sold under its previously announced agreement with Farmacia Universal, the largest compounding pharmacy in Peru
- In September, the Company signed partnerships with 15 clinics and health centres in Colombia, extending education and sales reach further across the country
- As the exclusive LatAm provider, Khiron began sales of medical products to patients participating in Project Twenty21 in the UK, the largest medical cannabis patient registry in Europe
- Medical cannabis e-learning platform introduced in UK in partnership with the Medical Cannabis Clinicians Society, an independent, clinician-led organization sharing guidance to lead the medical cannabis conversation in the UK
- Khiron’s e-learning program accelerates medical cannabis knowledge for doctors participating in Project Twenty21, which now includes over 9,000 registrants
Khiron Life Sciences Corp., a vertically integrated cannabis leader with core operations in Latin America and Europe, is pleased to provide a corporate update on its global medical cannabis operations, including accelerating growth of 450% in its Colombian medical cannabis prescriptions, first sales in the UK, and entry into the Peruvian market.
“We have been saying for some time that we are in the execution phase of our business strategy. Measurable developments over recent weeks substantiate our approach and importantly, the ability of our team to execute on the plan. Despite the impact of the global pandemic, our medical cannabis sales are seeing accelerated growth in Colombia, with more than 3,500 prescriptions now filled. In addition, we supplied medical cannabis to Project Twenty21 participants in the UK, and began medical cannabis sales in Peru. Further, as a result of our timely adoption of technology-based solutions, clinic consultations returned to pre-pandemic monthly levels in September,” comments Alvaro Torres, Khiron CEO and Director.