- Khiron has received all necessary licenses and authorizations allowing full spectrum, high-CBD medical cannabis products to be exported from Colombia for import and commercialization in Peru.
- Full spectrum high CBD medical cannabis will be supplied by Khiron Colombia and manufactured and distributed to patients under the previously announced agreement with Farmacia Universal.
- First patient prescriptions anticipated to be filled in Q3 2020.
- Receipt of import license and corresponding Colombian authorizations complete all requirements for entry into the Peruvian high CBD medical cannabis market.
- Entry to Peru comes as Company surpasses 1,000 medical cannabis patient prescriptions milestone in Colombia.
Khiron Life Sciences Corp. (“Khiron” or the “Company”) (TSXV: KHRN), (OTCQX: KHRNF), (Frankfurt: A2JMZC), a vertically integrated cannabis leader with core operations in Latin America and Europe, announced today that it has received import licenses and all necessary authorizations from the Directorate General of Drug Supplies and Drugs (DIGEMID) for the import and commercialization of full spectrum, high-CBD medical cannabis products from Khiron Colombia into Peru.
“Successfully completing all licensing, import and distribution requirements allows us to bring our full spectrum, high CBD medical cannabis products into Peru. We have an experienced country management team in place in Lima and, together with our distribution partner Farmacia Universal, are now positioned to give patients in Peru greater access to medical cannabis therapies. Additionally, we anticipate fulfilling all necessary requirements to commercialize high-THC medical cannabis products in Peru during Q4 2020,” comments Luis Marquez, Khiron Peru Country Manager.
In Peru, only registered pharmaceutical establishments that have received Good Storage Practices (GSP) certification are authorized to participate in the wholesale import and commercialization of cannabis products. Khiron Peru is a GSP certified, registered pharmaceutical establishment, and Farmacia Universal has all required permits, including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certification, to distribute medical cannabis final products to patients through pharmacies under the previously announced agreement with Khiron.
With receipt of the final licenses and authorizations from DIGEMID, Khiron Peru is now fully authorized to import full spectrum, high-CBD medical cannabis from Khiron Colombia, which is now fully authorized by the Narcotics National Fund (NNF) in Colombia for the export to Peru. The Company anticipates prescriptions can be filled commencing in Q3 2020.
“Entry to the Peru medical cannabis market continues our relentless focus on meeting patient needs in Latin America and globally. We are currently the only company in Colombia that has dispensed medical cannabis to patients and have now surpassed our first 1,000 medical cannabis patient prescriptions milestone. This, despite a global pandemic that has slowed down many of the world’s economies, represents a very important achievement for us,” comments Alvaro Torres, Khiron CEO and director.